Personal Learning Networks [A 21 Things Post]

I love learning. I always have. I've enjoyed it even more when I am able to work with people that also enjoy what I do. From my AP Bio lab group form high school that stayed after to do extra credit work on dissections--not for the credit!, to my Masters courses where most of my classmates would get together after class to work on problem sets, discuss what we've learned, or just share ideas, I've always been a fan of working with others.

Technology has allowed Professional Learning Networks to extend beyond the walls of any school or classroom. I get to meet people from anywhere in the world on Twitter. I can share or watch videos on YouTube about my various education needs.

As part of this lesson, I was supposd to take a screen shot of my tweets. Rather than do that, I decided to use another great tool called Storify. With storify, I am able to archive any tweets that I want. If you instead search for my Twitter handle (@conrad_chris) you can find any story that I participated in where someone archived the discussion. I'm not in many yet, but the power of these discussions has bee great! Here are the tweets required for this lesson.

Also, as part of the lesson, I need to continue to use different tools to showcase my learning. While, I've used a blog before, I wanted to see how embedding a Google Presentation into a Blogger blog would work. Turns out, someone else already had this thought.

PLNs are awesome because I get to keep learning about what I need. Tools like Twitter are great because I get to learn when I want to.

Comments