Writing a Google Add-On [Google Add-on]

I am planning on writing a Google Add-On to make a lesson plan book in Google Sheets so that the lessons appear in Google Calendar. I written a script, well, I took what I needed from other scripts that worked as an event booking system.

I have a working script in the old Google Sheets tool, but with the updates to Add-On as well as changes to the scripting language, my script no longer works with the new files.

I'll be sharing about my successes and stumbles as I go about getting my language over to the new Add-On system with the hope of publishing this for teachers to use in the future should they wish.

Why not just lesson plan in Google Calendar? Well, next year when I teach the same class, I'd like a nice record of what I did last year, what I need to fix, and links already in place. In any school year, I could teach any of the 10 math courses that are offered in my district and I often teach 3-4 of those courses each trimester. I want to think about planning, but I don't want to worry about reinventing all of the pieces. If I put it just in Calendar, I won't be able to easily transfer those files the next year.

I think this is my 20 time this year.

Comments